Letter from Russia May 13, 2010
Hey Mom,
Well I have to agree it was so nice to hear your voice on Monday morning. haha mine was a day ahead. I enjoyed every bit of it. I enjoyed talking to everyone, from intermediate family to extended family, It was so great. I was glad to have been able to hear the excitement of everyone and it truly made me very happy. And interestingly enough calling home did the complete opposite for me I think it gave me more of a desire to work I heard all the things everybody said to me and I heard all the sayings of "Man I wish I where there again and getting to experience it again" and it really gave me a desire to press forward and try harder. But after I had gotten off the phone with you I went and started looking through that photo album that you made for me and then I remembered that I left those first letters that you all wrote me in it so I looked for them and found them I decided to read them. And that in itself gave me more of a desire to continue I have to admit I have really applied what you wrote to me: I don't what you to think about home all the time I want to get in there and focus and as you do that you will not be home sick. Well that is very true. Yes I think about home but in a way that gives me a desire to work because I think about all of you and I know that I am making everyone proud by being here and serving the Lord, and I thank you for giving me this desire. It to bad I can't call back home a few more times with the amount of energy it leaves me to get to work.
But I do thank you so much mom I thank you for every thing I thank you for being there for me all those years ago and this very moment I know I can still tell you anything that is going on and that I will not be judged or looked at weird. And I thank you for reminding about that. I also want to thank you for what you wrote to me it could not have come at a better time. Right now I am having so issues with my companion. We have not being getting along all that great and instead of asking God what I should do I have been thinking about it in my mind and been asking my Zone leaders. I have to tell you that it is hard coming into an area where it is your first transfer there and it is the start of your companions third. Because he knows where everything is and how to get to everything. So you feel like the junior companion and then to mention that I have a different way of thinking then he does I really am stressing lessons in homes and not so much contacting time on the street. And my companion likes to chose what we do and how we do it when alot of the time it does not go with our schedule but, it is a trail that I need to face there is a lesson to be learned here and whether it be me, him or the both of that have to learn it I have no idea but we will find out.
Well Mom I love you and thank you again for everything that you have done for me and I thank you for being a great example for me and helping me get to be the person I am now. Well pass my love on to the Ward, the Merkleys and everybody else. Love you so much
love always,
Kev
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 7:56 AM
Labels: 2010, Letter from Russia May13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment