Six Quirky Things About Me!
Six Quirky Things About Me: My Sister Amy tagged me with this one. So I thought I would try to narrow it down to only six.
1. I am a I Love Lucy fanatic. I have all the seasons, plus a few movies, a coloring book, and paper dolls. I also have two Barbies, and a baby doll. I have a wall clock, alarm clock, I Love Lucy Trivia game, lunch box, coasters. And oh yeah I have some I love Lucy black and white photos framed in our family room. Okay, I am realizing that this is a bit more than Quirky. But, I love the time period. I love how things were defined. How it was truly a simpler time and way of life. And my Lucy DVD's have helped me to find a happy place. My kids enjoy them, as a matter of fact they also like the old shows-Andy Griffin, Leave it to Beaver, and the mystery shows like Matlock, and Murder She wrote. So I guess you could say its a family thing.
2. I can't go to sleep at night unless I take a bath. I know sounds relaxing. But, not always true. It has just turned into a habit. And I really can't go to sleep unless I take one. And the sad thing is this does not guarantee I will go to sleep.
3. I don't like to share. I don't mean things, I mean someone-David. I truly enjoy Fridays. He started taking Fridays off just before he was put in as Bishop. We never thought that we would truly need Fridays as a family. But we did. Sometimes its the only day he doesn't get a phone call. So we try to keep it quiet, that he has it off. Because if word gets out, its all over. So yes I sadly haven't learned to share. I do okay on the others days but Fridays I have had to work on. When a Friday gets interrupted with calls and appointments, I do feel Heavenly Father helping me so that our family and the family or person he's helping can receive the blessings. So I Cherish Fridays and not just because its the weekend because we really don't get to enjoy the whole weekend. I love them because it's the day I get to spend it with my best friend. Isn't that great, I sure think so.
4. I am a neat freak. My friends all give me a hard time about this one. They say that my house always smells of pine sol. Well, I think that is great. I love having a clean house. They also call me, the major organizer. I really didn't see this until one day when Trevor was 3. He was in his room and was making these noise's that didn't sound very happy. I went in to investigate when I found him in front of his dresser. He was very frustrated I asked him what was wrong. Well his answer say it all. I keep putting everything in my little box all straight and every time I close my drawer everything moves out of place. Well I thought Oh No, he's become a neat freak just like his mom. Well both of us still have the disease. It doesn't go away.
5. I hate when for some odd reason we don't have family home evening. Now this doesn't happen often. But when it does I feel like that was a moment missed. We didn't get that opportunity to teach our children. Or help them understand a gospel principle they are having trouble with. David's Dad often has made the statement that it's the only family argument the starts and ends with prayer. Sometimes it certainly feels that way. And there are those moments when your children are small when you are lucky to get a message out. And 5 minutes is all you get. Well, that's just fine, in those times it is establishing a routine. Something they can count on. It doesn't matter how long you get them to sit still. It is that they know that their family has Family Home Evening every week. I feel very blessed that we do have regular Family Home Evening. I have seen how it can bless our home. I love to see a child's face when they realize that something is true and that they understand a gospel principle. Your Home will be blessed, I know ours has.
6. I love and Can't wait until the next family trip. I feel like sometimes I'm counting down the days until the next, Motorcycle trip, boat trip, beach trip, or snow. (Well, the snow isn't my favorite , in fact David pretty much has to put me in the car. But I love to watch my family out there.) Pretty soon they will start going on missions and starting their own lives. I just want to have the memories and enjoy the time with my family. I am totally enjoying the ride
Well, I have narrowed my Quirky things down to six. It was interesting to think about. I would like to tag anyone who would like to take a minute and ponder their unique self. Its what makes us who we are. I would like to learn more about all of you. So take the challenge if you haven't already. Let us learn more about what makes you, YOU... So Have Fun!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 12:01 PM
Labels: Six Quirky Things About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Okay so funny that we are like cookie cutters of one another. Seriously we all sound like the same person. The pinesol thing is hilarious! Everytime my visiting teachers come over they say, wow it always smells like pinesol in your house. Also Lisa came over the other day and said hey I could smell pinesol at your front porch! Pretty funny. Loved the post! Thanks for sharing.
Aims
Post a Comment