Hey, it's FAll... We love the Fall and all it brings.
In our home we have a long standing tradition. It started 18 years ago with Kevin. I would read to him, we would sit in a chair and I would read to him. He loved looking at the pages even as a small baby. It seemed to relax him. Well, I was so excited to buy Holiday books. It would give a very good reason to gather around and enjoy a good book. Well, the tradition of reading has continued throughout all of my children's lives. So every fall we know it will start the excitement of reading our Holidays books. I love to read them. We have our favorites. Like- The Hallowiener, The little Old Lady who was not afraid of anything, Pumpkin Soup, Trick or Treat Smell my Feet, No howling in the House, and No Flying in the Hall. These are just a few. Megan and I decided to count how many Halloween and fall books we have and WOW we have 55 books on our Shelf. She was so excited because that meant we could read almost 2 books a night and never read the same book twice. We enjoy our little tradition. Its been a long standing one. We also have a ton of Christmas and Winter books also. Even with this long standing tradition not all my kids are book lovers. Kyle is probably our biggest book worm. You will find him most night's lost in some book he's picked up. He truly loves to read. Megan is probably the next she is enjoying the whole adventure of reading. She is still excited about it all. Trevor is probably the next then Kevin and Tyler. So I started this hoping to have children who love and enjoy to read. But every child is so different there's no telling what will happen. But I do know that regardless of how they feel about reading they have always enjoyed our little tradition. It always amazes me how a tradition can start. Some tradition's come and go. Some we hold on too, others we let go of. What ever the case may be it's important to have them. In our house we have a few. Mostly because we felt the need to have things to look forward to doing. Things you know you could count on. Family is one of the most important things Heavenly Father has entrusted us with. So make some memories and start a new tradition or continue an old one. I bet in 18 years it will be one they remember and talk about.





2 comments:
Hey thanks for the idea. It is our third year of doing this too! I copied the idea from you a few years ago. I love family traditions. Love you
We do that too! I love getting out the holiday books. We have them sorted on the shelf by holiday. Your kids are lucky to have you and the great traditions that they will carry on with their families.
Love you Amy
Post a Comment