The Lord tells us there is opposition in all things.. We met the opposition today.
Today we had our first weekend of holding signs at the intersection in our area. Our ward was in charge of the corners at 19th and Archibald. For the most part it was a good experience we were greeted with honking horns and thumbs-up. Even the occasional waves and cheers. But on a rare occasion we were greeted with hostility. There were inappropriate gestures followed by rude comments. I'm not going to waste my time with the specifics. But as we were standing all my family and my very wonderful ward family, I thought of how strong we all were again. Yes, I said again. We have all gone against the opposition together, it was in the pre-existence. We all stood our ground and fought against Satan. We supported our Savior and the Lord and his plan. Well I truly believe that this is no different. We must stand and fight, but fight gracefully. Fight with our actions not words. Not with violence, the other side would have us believe that they are fighting fair, that they aren't word slinging. But they would be wrong. We are not out to teach our children anything but right from wrong. I was very pleased with my children today. It is not always easy to stand up for what is right, but they did today without question. I was very pleased to see the members of my ward family standing tall today. Keep it up we are in the thick of it. Today I was asked why I was voting Yes on Prop 8 I simply said, " I would like to see that marriage stay defined as it always has been since the beginning-Man and Woman. That wasn't enough they wanted more. They said don't you believe in equal rights. I said yes, Yes I do but, this is not about equal rights. We will lose so much more if this doesn't pass. It has far reaching effects. You don't have to believe me, get on the internet and research the things that are happening in Massachusetts and Canada. Find out for yourself what will happen if this doesn't pass. They said Thank you and went on their way. I might not have had all the correct answers for them. But hopefully they were listening and will do the research for themselves. I just know one thing, I have been asked by my Bishop, leaders in my ward and Stake, and by our Prophet to help in the battle to re establish the traditional view on Marriage. So with no questions but, "what do you want me to do..."
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
It reminds me of NEPHI..."I WILL go and DO"...Thank you for sharing...Alysa & Taylor even know that this is so important...They went with Rob to the Satellite broadcast a week ago and took notes and told me it is so important to vote "yes"...they made signs to put in front of their houses on their NINTENDO DS's...for the ANIMAL CROSSING game...
wow juls sounds like you guys have been very busy. I hope and pray that others are standing strong like you all over California and that people are listening. Thanks for being so strong.
Hey Juls!
I know how crazy it can be. My eyes were opened a lot from living in Boston. It's a difficult world and it's important to stand up for what we believe in. Way to go!
Love ya',
Trish
Post a Comment