Big Changes at the Beck Home...
Its been a little over six years now, Since David was called to serve a Bishop of the Hillside Ward. We had a change on Sunday October 26, 2008. David has ended his service as Bishop. We have a large amount of emotion going on in our home. We are excited about the change. Looking forward to whatever is next. We have been so blessed over the past six years. I can't even begin to express how much. We have been able to take part in so many wonderful opportunities of service. We have been able to be apart of so many wonderful life changing moments. We have learned that wonderful and unexpected blessing come through service of others and our Heavenly Father. Our children have watched their Dad serve and understand the comment to Church, Our Savior, Our Father in Heaven, and to Family. They have seen their Father serve with all his heart, might, mind and strength. They never questioned his having to leave at times when plans were made. I feel so overwhelming blessed to have been able to support him throughout these past six years. Yes, there was sacrifice. The blessing far out weighed that. I am so grateful to have a husband that was worthy to serve and did it honorably. I love him and he is truly an example to me and our children. So now we embark on a new adventure, new schedules, and changes, But a welcome change. Thank you to all who helped and supported our family. We truly love all of you and appreciated all the prayers and kind words of encouragement. We are truly blessed.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I can't believe it has been 6 years. It seems like just yesterday for us, but I'm sure it seems longer for you. It sounds like you have been so busy in CA with Prop 8, we are praying for you here, because NV will be right around the corner. Only a few more weeks and we will see what happens.
Well Done thou good and faithful servant...I remember when he was called the girls were so young Megan & Taylor were babies ...well practically and Alysa was like 4!!?? Wow...I am sure you will find it kinda of strange for him to be sitting with you guys during church now! I don't know how you did it...I am sure you were very supported! What a nice change though for your family!
Hi Beck Family,
Wow, I can't believe David was released. What an exciting change for all of you! I'm sure it's so comforting to know what an amazing, faithful job David did.
Juls,
I worried that people would misunderstand what I was saying about education, so I clarified it in today's post. You're right, I don't live in California, so I haven't had to experience the chaos, emotions, and opposition you've encountered in the past few months. I'm proud of anyone who educated herself on the issue, formulated an opinion, and is standing up for it (which, obviously, you and your family are doing every day). I think your obedience and tenacity are so admirable, especially when you've met people who aren't tolerant or accepting of your beliefs. I think it's so hypocritical of those who are pro-gay marriage to beg for tolerance from society, but to then refuse to show that same tolerance to those whose morals and religious beliefs are different. You're being incredibly faithful and obedient, but it's not blind obedience...you know what you're voting for. I hope others in your state do the same.
Love,
Hillary
P.S. Yesterday, before I posted, I read first the BYU Law Professor's response, then the other LDS lawyer's rebuttal, then the BYU Law Professor's reply to the rebuttal. I found them so interesting; plus, they reinforce my point that experienced, educated lawyers with the same religious beliefs still can't agree on what laws or cases say. So those of us without their experience (myself definitely included) probably can't say we perfectly understand the law.
Post a Comment