Christmas Eve 2010
We have certain traditions that we do when David's family isn't in town for Christmas. We started last year with inviting the Elders serving in our Ward to come and join us for Christmas Eve. This year we had Elder Southmore from Utah and Elder Beatty from Florida join us. It was so fun to visit with them and hear how excited they were to talk to home the next day.(Which we could relate too, haha) We barbecued Steaks, had baked potatoes, salad, and rolls, with lots of treats to go along with the evening. We played Christmas Bingo and read the Christmas Story. They were very patient when our phone call came from Russia. Yes we talked to him on Christmas Eve. I will post about that later. I think it was a wonderful way to spend Christmas Eve, spending it with our children and the Elders who are in the service of our Heavenly Father. I can't think of a better way to remind us what is important about this night. It is great to have all the music and decorations and the spirit of giving about you. But it is really wonderful to know that the Lords work is moving forward and that our Young Men are devoted to the sharing of that gospel. It is a time to share with others not only his birth but his life and sacrifice he made in all our behalf's. I know that for some out there it is a stressful time and they want to take out the religious part of Christmas. But you can't you may have some that try but we will continue to share and celebrate our Savior life and the blessing he is to all of us. They don't have to except that, that is their choice. But they can't take it away from the rest of us. So I am indeed Thankful to my Savior for his life and teaching. I am Thankful for my testimony of him and of the gospel. It is what carries me through the tests of this life. I love my Savior and am Thankful to be able to Celebrate his Life.





0 comments:
Post a Comment