Hey Mom,
Well I am doing great. Things have been a little strange around here and I had an emergency transfer this week. I am in a little city about 30 minutes from St. Petersburg. And it is great and my companion for the time being is great really funny and I love it. He is Russian and is just really awesome. But I got transferred due to a missionary who is having extreme migraines (?) but should get better. Right now he is at the mission home and so I will be here until he gets better. So I could be here until next transfer.
Well this week has been crazy with trying to get meetings and everything and I am really enjoying it. I love this work and my love for it grows and grows, everyday as I am doing this work. The longer I have been on my mission the more I love this place, love this work, and love the gospel and everything that the Savior did for me personally so that I can return and live with my family again, with my friends, and everybody that I love and appreciate. I know that the savior did not just suffer for me but for all of us, but when we apply it to a more personal level and everything it takes more meaning in our lives, we want to follow the commandments, mission rules, and do everything that we can to return to him who gave his everything so that we could, it makes you think "well I do not want that suffering to go to waste I do not want him to have suffered for me for nothing and that is when your faith begins to be a driving force in your life. Yes, missionary work is hard but as I rely on my Savior and realize what he did for me it makes it easier and fun. I have learned a lot for this almost year on my mission and I am so happy and looking forward to the next year where I can continue to grow and learn more about this wonderful gospel. I really have been thinking about this for a while and I felt like sharing it with you today. But we have had much work, working my old area and this new area that I am in yesterday we were in the city for most of the day and then came back for today and tomorrow then we will be up there on Saturday. Well I hope that this week is as great and fun as the last week.
Well mom I have to say that what I said above applies a lot to hearing about grandma, now I don’t want this to sound bad but I can not think of another way to say, so here it goes... Well I am sad that grandma passed away but at the same time I am so very glad because I know she is in the rest of the Lord back in to the presence of our heavenly father to become a princess and queen in the eternities above. As much as I am sad I feel a great amount of joy for this gospel and the plan of salvation. Because one I know that she will be there when we all go to meet her in our own due time. And that right now she is at peace and soon will have a resurrected and glorified body just like our Lord, Savior, and King. As much as it is a hard time for the family isn't great to have that knowledge and to know that WE WILL see grandma again.
Well mom I love you and please tell everyone in Utah that I love them and care about them and truly miss them.
Love always
Kevin
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 7:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Such a sweet letter Julie. I feel sad but happy at the same time for Grandma. I will see you at the funeral Saturday. Love you.
KAR
Post a Comment