Day of Emotions
Today is September 19, 2010 a Sunday and around 6:00 Utah time
Sarah Doreen Bufton Anderson passed away. She was Wife to Lorin R Anderson, Mother to Lyn, Cathy, Mark and Paul and Grandmother to 21 children and Great Grandmother to 39 children, one of those beautiful Great Grandchildren left us to soon. She is loved and adored by all who knew her. She is an amazing example of a obedient daughter of our Heavenly Father. Who showed not only her own family but many around her how to live a wonderful life that was full of joy and commitment to her Father in Heaven. Although she leaves many behind who will miss her terribly. My Grandfather the greatest of them all. There is a truly beautiful reunion going on in Heaven at this moment. I feel this terrible sense of lose but at the same time joy for her. Why, you may ask? Well her journey is through and what a wonderful journey she had. My Grandfather and Grandmother left all their families in Utah and traveled here to California to raise a family and start a career. I have learned so much from watching my Grandparents together. One of the greatest examples they have given me is that of Love. Not just for me but for each other. I have seen them support each other and stand by each other all my Life. One of the hardest things for me personally was 18 years ago when they decided to make the move back to Utah and retire there. It was difficult not to have them here apart of my every day life. I feel blessed to had them here in California for 23 years. I felt blessed to have learned how to serve others through watching them. I have been so blessed to have watched my Grandmother make people feel comfortable just by her inviting smile. She had a way of making you feel like family even if you weren't. Her example of friendship and leadership that I personally have watched as I grew up in the same ward. I watched her serve the sisters in the ward and be loved by all. She was a funny and talented lady. I remember standing in her kitchen in Alta Loma and her showing me how to do the "Charleston" and boy could she dance. I remember being all worried about a dress for a dance and her helping me make it right so that it would be appropriate for the dance. I remember coming through the door and smelling her homemade rolls. I remember coming through door and her calling to me and giving me hugs and asking me how is "My Julie". I can hear her voice right now telling me she loved me and that I could do anything I wanted. I remember her closet full of shoes and her letting Michelle and I try them all on. I remember her laugh and the way she would tell a story. It would make you feel like you were there with her. I don't know how to really say Good-bye to this special lady I got to call Grandma. The hardest part right now is being far away. There are a few of us that don't live in Utah Myself, Scott and his wife Larissa, Greg, Trisha and her Husband Bryan and their kids, Katie and then the three that are on Mission's Karli serving in Salt Lake City, Kyle who is serving in Italy and Kevin who is serving in Russia. I feel so blessed to have experienced my Grandma's laughter, love ,and learn from her example. She has left an amazing heritage behind. I know that at this time it must be hard for my Grandfather to let go of his best friend. I can hear him calling her "Sally girl." Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing me with this little lady that I called "Grandma Sally" I love you. I hope that I can live my life as you did. You will be missed by not only your family but by anyone that knew you.





2 comments:
Jewels,
Beautiful post. Sorry you couldn't be there. We all have been thinking of you. We love you!
Julie - I am soooo sorry. I totally remember your sweet grandma. You are sooo lucky that your kids got to grow up with her and know her as much a they did. My kids never knew my grandma Hannemann and I was soo sad that they wouldn't have the experience like I did to grow up with her. Your kids are so blessed to have known her. Love ya, Tonya
Post a Comment