Well we are entering New Territory a College Bound Student. This is our first experience with dropping off a child at College out State. Kevin just returned home from his Mission in November. And prepared to enroll at BYU-Idaho in the Winter. He was excepted and Megan, Kevin, and I road-tripped it to Utah then to Idaho. We spent New Year’s Eve weekend with Family. It was great for Kevin to see family that he hadn’t seen for 2years. We enjoyed hanging out, lots of laughter, long talks, playing games, and eating good food. It was so fun to be with family. Then we headed to Idaho, to get Kevin settled in. Well I will admit this was hard. I wasn’t quite ready to say Good-bye again, and so soon. But I knew he needed to jump into life and the next step. So with a heavy heart we dropped Kevin off. We walked around the campus and checked out things. We meant the roommates, who are very nice guys, One was a mission companion of Kevin’s. Grandpa and Grandma McCormack also went with us. I was thankful for their willingness to go with us. At the time I thought it might not be necessary, but was so Thankful they were with us on the way home. Yeah, you guessed it. Megan and I were a little emotional on the way back. I tried to be good, so Megan would realize it was going to be ok. But she just put her head on my lap and cried herself to sleep. Well, and I will say I did good until I walked through Lisa’s door and saw her. All she said was, “How did it go?” Well then the waterworks came. This was hard, just wasn’t ready to say Good-bye yet. I know he is just a phone call away, and believe me, I know that. But we just weren’t ready, it came too fast. We got him dropped off and he is getting settled. I know it will be a good thing with much growth to come and many good experiences to follow. So bring on the next Stage in Life, We are ready.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment