Track Season has started!
This year Kyle is a freshman at Los Osos High School. He is on the track team and his event is Pole Vaulting. It just amazes me that he can do this, not only do you have to go up that high but you have to come down. He just loves it. In his first meet he cleared 9ft. and since then he has cleared 10. 4ft! WOW!! The record at our school for freshman is 11ft. He is hoping to be able to clear that by the end of the year. He is working hard and enjoying this new sport. We start some training at Mt Sac College this week. They have a great program so he will be getting some good work out routines and great training habits. He would like to go to College through a track program. We have been told by people including the Mt Sac Coaches that BYU has a great track program very competitive. So for now he is content working hard and learning all he can. We are proud of his success and are enjoying a new sport this year.





3 comments:
Love the post! Oh and yes this does mean more trips to California. I haven't told Matt yet, but I am really hoping for another Disneyland trip this summer...cross your fingers.
WOW, that is so impressive!!!! I have always wondered how you lift yourself that high on a pole. Good luck to him and I hope he breaks the school record.
Loving your new posts! I think Pole Vaulting runs in the family. My Dad did Pole Vaulting at Pomona High! Love and miss ya!!
Post a Comment