Connecting the past with the future...
I just finished my first blog book. Its great to have a blog with a record of your family. Its also great to put it into written form. I have been thinking a lot lately about my family. Actually what happened is that Megan has this new little friend. She has known this little girl since kindergarten, but they have just become really good friends. One day they wanted to play together, so I went to meet the parents before they did their play day. They are great people with a lot of the same standards as we have. So I was really happy to know that we were on the same page with things. Well, I went back to pick her up and I meet the Dad, as we were talking one thing lead to other and he asked if I was a Mormon, I said yes I was. He then went on to tell me that he knew quite a few members, even worked with a guy that he thought very highly of. As the questions continued and we talked longer eventually it lead to him going to Utah, Ogden area for work, it was funny because I started to think of people I knew and things started coming together. Finally I couldn't stand it and I said I have an Uncle that works in Ogden He worked for TRW, I'm not sure if it is still that name now but I know he works there. He said oh that's funny I do a lot of work with them what's your Uncles name. I replied Doug Bull, you would of thought I had said the greatest thing in the world, he about died. His reply was I love Doug Bull, he's a great man. Very respected by all who work for him, He's the nicest guy I know. As he talked I thought yep, that's my Uncle everyone loves him. It was a great night. It was great to know that the Man I Love as my Uncle was also a great example not only to me but to all he has come in contact with. This made me realize that I need to put this down as a journal entry. My children and my future grandchildren and so on, need to know the people that made an impact on me in my life. I sometimes hate that my family is all so far away and that my own children don't know the great people they are related too! I love my family they are the people who have helped me become who I am today. They were the examples I followed and wanted to be like. I have these memories I my Uncle Doug and Aunt Cathy and there Volkswagen Bus. I have these images of the beach, and my Uncles surfboard. I have a connection with them that I cherish. I have these kind of memories of many of my Uncles and Aunts. I remember that my Aunt Sandra was one of the first people I called after David called me and asked me out on our first date. I love that I have special connections with each of them. I really admire them and am so grateful for there examples in my life. They are some of the strongest people I know so willing to always serve and be there for their families. What an amazing family I have been able to be apart of. I hope they know how much they mean to me, I hope they realize that they are examples to not only their own children but to me too. I hope they know how strong they are. I hope they know I appreciate all they have done for me and the support I have always had from them. You have left a imprint upon my life that is long lasting and has made a huge difference in my life. I love you all. I hope that when my future family members read this they will want to know more and that they will want to measure up to their the past. So for the future know that you are apart of something bigger than you are, and that you are the reason so many did their best to set good examples for you to follow. They have gone through struggles, sadness, loss, joy, good times, watched future generations grow, supported those around them, were leaders, served all around them, and wanted to meet you. They are the reasons I am who I am and am proud to be apart of this family.





1 comments:
Love this post, it made me cry. Love you, Juls!
Post a Comment