Letter From Our Kev
Hey Mom,
Well I am glad that you all enjoyed my email last week unfortunately this week has been really dry we had a lot of meetings with people but they shafted us and did not come to the meetings it makes me so mad not because they are wasting my time having to walk to the branch building for our meetings but rather the fact that here I am on the Lord's time and these people are wasting his time when that happens. And not to mention that I have a message that can change their lives forever. And bring eternal peace and happiness. But what can you do, some people are going to do that but I am really starting to think that it is a Russian tradition to just not show up to the meeting that you have scheduled or something. Well I will definitely write Craig, do you know if he sent a letter back because I never got a response to it but whatever. Well I have got to say it has been really cold most of the week but the last two days have been really warm, well still cold if you are not wearing a jacket or anything but at the sometime really warm where I could be cooking with my jacket on. That is so cool that grandpa found out that he has a brother that it one of the coolest things I have ever heard. That is truly how family history works it’s the greatest. Just goes to prove the spirit of Elijah is true and an important part of our church. The Spirit of Elijah is the turning of the hearts of the father's to the children and the hearts of the children to their father's. It is really interesting you can read about it in Preach My Gospel ch. 9 you will have to look for it but it is under the heading temples and family history work. It is really cool and it gives some scriptures that you can look up and read about the Promise of Elijah and what a great privilege that is to teach the old testament I have always found the old testament interesting and once I finish my studying of the book of Mormon this transfer I am going to start on the old testament. I really feel that we should read it at least once every so often after our studying of the B of M and the D&C. I am sure that you will learn so much from that. That is amazing.
Oh and before I forget the name of my city is Kolpino it is a little city south of St. Petersburg.
Well I love you all and hope you have a great week and look forward to hearing from you them.
Love Elder Beck
Friday, January 15, 2010
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 10:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment