Happy New Year!
I have to say that part of me is happy to say Good-bye to 2009. But on the other hand I feel like I was truly blessed in 2009. Although I am looking forward to 2010. I feel that I received to many blessing in 09 that I would be truly ungrateful to my Heavenly Father if I didn't reflect back on the past year. In looking back it was a great blessing to have gone to the Dr's and have the spot on my leg looked at. Although it took longer than I would have liked to find out what was going on. When we finally did they worked fast and were great with me and helping me through the process. I am so blessed to have had so many great Dr's to help and answer my questions and really to just be honest with what was to happen. I am so blessed to have such a great Husband and friend in David. He is amazing to me, he is always so clam and patient with me and just life in general. I truly could have gone crazy if not for David. I thank my Heavenly Father daily for blessing me with him in my life. I can't believe all he did and took care of so I could heal and get better. He tried so hard to make sure I was dealing with things good and had every thing I needed. I am so grateful for my children although it was not the summer we had planned they never complained and were there to help. I am blessed so greatly to be in the ward I am. I have amazing friends that were just there, always at the right moment I would need them even when I didn't know I needed it at the time. I feel blessed that everything went well and is continuing to go well, still pain involved but other than that we are fine. Feel very healthly and strong mentally and physically. I feel so blessed to have had a daughter get baptized during June of 09. The spirit present that day was truly amazing and what a great day we spent with family and friends. And then there is this great blessing of watching your oldest child grow and get prepared to go on a mission. It was an amazing experience to be with him during his patriarchal blessing and hear the wonderful blessing he received. To be present on the day He received his call with family and friends there to witness his opening of the letter. The excitement that was there when the call was read. What a wonderful blessing to witness someone go through the temple and receive their own endowment and watch as they marveled at the things around them and love the whole experience. Then to watch family and friends come to share in his departure. To see that he was truly ready to go and serve the Lord. It is truly a humbling experience. I also feel so blessed that I was able to be with a dear sister in our ward when she was sealed to her husband. David and I were lucky enough to share that experience with Sister O'leary in our ward. We were able to take her and some of the other widowed sisters in our ward that day. We were able to spend some time with them, Sister Burns, Sister Keyes, and Sister Rodriquez. They are truly inspiring women in our ward that I truly admire and would love to be like. It was a great day to be with them and experience the joy felt that day. It was also a great day because it was our 21st Wedding Anniversary that day. What a wonderful way to spend it at the temple. Being reminder of what you have and share. I have also been blessed this year by such wonderful people who served me and my family. I am grateful that I had the experiences I had this past year. I feel a better relationship with my Savior and am truly grateful for the Life he had and gave in my behalf. I am grateful for new years, for reflection and being not only grateful for the big things in life but for the small things that happened. What a wonderful time to be here and see the amazing things that are taking place. I know that there is sadness and bad things all around. But stop and take a look, there is great things happening all around you every day. I feel blessed to see them. So Welcome 2010 hope its as good as 09. How can I not be grateful for those faces below!





2 comments:
Dear Julie...
I love all of your updates on your sweet family...YOu guys are awesome, and we look up to you guys so much!
Looks like you had a great christmas! Wish we had got together more...I love the baking posts and the football...How fun...Hopefully my boys will like football too when they get bigger...
THE CAT...SO cute...MY girls want one so bad.!!! I said...after Nolan is potty trained...Where did you get him...??? SO cute...is his potty box in Megan's room...???
Let me know the details...The girls want a real pet!
I am so glad Kevin is doing so well! He looks so happy and confident! What an amazing person...I love reading all of the letters he sends you guys! I still can't believe he is finally in Russia!!!
YOU guys take care! We need to come and visit and hang out...I am sure alysa & taylor want to play with megan...
Have a great night!
Love always,
Leticia and family ;)
xOXOX
JULIE - I love your post. You are an inspiring woman and I love you insight. It's true, we all have so much to be grateful for.. Love ya, Tonya
Post a Comment