The Lords blesses his servants...
I feel so blessed that I was able to help with Prop 8. We were so blessed as a Stake and Ward. What an experience to come together and Follow the Prophet. This was an historic election. Our country saw past race and color and nominated a Black Man for President. Regardless of who you voted for it is time to set aside our differences and come together as a nation. We need to take the lead from Senator McCain and support our newly elected President.This election was a difficult road. I hope my children will remember this and remember that they stood up. They will be counted among the faithful servants. They stood in front of hostility and cruelty beyond what I could of imagined. They did as they were asked. You not only honored the Priesthood in which you hold my sweet boys. But you honored your parents. I am truly honored and blessed to be your Mother. You are tremendous blessing in my life. You are examples to all around you. I am also very pleased with you my sweet daughter. You stood on those corners and raised your sign with a smile and were excited to be a part of this work that stood before us. We have been blessed to find that their are still others in this world that hope and pray for this world to honor the words in the bible. This great Country was established by our For Fathers in the hopes that this would be a place of freedom, Religious Freedom. We as Americans need to fight for these rights. There are certain things in this life that are being taken from us. The Motto of this Country has always been, "In God We Trust." That wasn't just a catchy saying. Those men back in 1776 believed in those words. All things are possible if we continually trust in God. May we never forget that. To my children I say to you don't forget this great work in which you partook. There will be many who will try tell you it was wrong. They will be the ones that are wrong. This was about protecting the Family. In declaring to the world that we will not stand idly by and let them take this from us. The Gay Activists would have you believe that they are a race, they are not. Gay is not a race it is a behavior. Being White, Black, Asian, Hispanic,etc. those are races. You do not choose your race. Every one is entitled to rights. Those rights are protected. But the Gay community is trying to put a name on there behavior other than homosexual. It is not acceptable in the sight of God. I feel deeply bad for those who have to carry this in their lives. I have no hatred for these people. They are good people who serve others and do great things. But that doesn't mean that we change our beliefs to make them more comfortable. To my children remember this day. It was a moment in your young lives to not forget. I love you all more than you can understand. I fear for you, I worry for you, I pray for you and I hope that you will always strive to do what is pleasing to our Father in Heaven. To stand tall in the face of difficult times. To follow the Prophet and heed to his counsel regardless what the world around has to say about it. You are wonderful missionaries. You will serve your Father in Heaven well. Be patient with those around you. Always show compassion and understanding. But never back down when it comes to your standards. The adversary is strong he has waged a war. And when he can defeat the family he will have won. I love this wonderful, beautiful gospel. I know that we have a loving Father in Heaven. I know may Savior gave us his life so I can return to him. I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. I know that today we are so blessed to have a loving Prophet on the earth today that is guided and directed by a loving father. I believe in the blessings of the temple. I have felt them in my life as I attend the temple regularly. I have felt the power of the Holy Ghost and I bare witness of its power in my life. I know that scriptures are true and written by prophets of old. I believe in the family. I know that if we will fight to preserve it we will be blessed. My wonderful children know that I have a testimony of all these things and never doubt my love for You, your Father, and my Savior.
Love Always ,
Mom
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Juls-
I just wanted to personally thank you and your family for all your hard work on Prop 8. My good friend in Washington recently sent me some pictures from some of the marches and rallies in Cali.and it made me sick. There were pictures of police in full riot gear standing on the temple grounds in Los Angeles. People were standing on the walls surrounding the temple yelling horrible things about the LDS church. There were numerous signs blaming us as Mormons for Prop 8 when in fact we make up such a small portion of the population in Calif. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your hard work. Tell your kids we appreciate them representing us that couldn't be there but that we were standing with them in spirit. I love you!
Trish
I also want to thank you and your family for all you hard work with Prop 8. There has been alot of protests and vandalisms here in Utah due to the passing of Prop 8. It is so crazy. Your family is great. I hope to get to know you all better. I am so lucky to have married into such a great family with such great members in it. We love you!
Post a Comment