Our Boy is a Man. . .
Today is September 14, 2011 and Kevin has turned 21 years old. He is serving in the St Petersburg, Russia Mission. He is far away from Home, but not from my mind and heart. He is a constant in our home. He is talked about daily and prayed for. He is an example of the correct choices one should make. He has set an example for his siblings. He has set an example to me. I love this kid, who no longer is a kid. I have watched and read through his letters him become a Man. He has taught me to be patient with others and that this is all done through the Lord. He has taught me to love those that aren't ready and to understand our differences. He has taught me that the Gospel is the same no matter where you are. That when you rely on the Spirit that amazing things can happen. That there is disappointment in this life but that you need to have faith and trust in the Lord and his plan. That every one has their free agency and that it isn't our place to push or judge. That you can find common ground with people and love and serve despite our differences. That you can you always have room to learn and grow no matter who you are. That the Lord has a plan for all of us. I have learned to love people I have never meet. I have learned that I worry about people I don't know and pray for their happiness and progress in this life. All these things I knew before this Boy of ours left, But He helped remind me of the simpleness of the Gospel and that we need the Lord as our constant companion. No one can do this alone. I can't believe that our Boy is 21 and almost done with 2 of the most important years he will have in his life. He has become a Man and someone I can't wait to get to know again. It has been such a blessing to be his Mother and learn from him. He has brought challenges to me at times, as all children do. But he has become great blessings just the same. I hope that he has had a great birthday and that he is looking forward to the future. I know he will do amazing things in this life. As difficult as it is to let them go, it is a true miracle to watch them grow and go on their own. This will always be home, but he will be settling and making himself a new one somewhere. I pray that where ever that is they know how lucky they are, I know I am.










0 comments:
Post a Comment