July 8, 2010
Hey Mom,
Well things are going great this week has been an extremely hot one but having said that it has also been a very great missionary work week (if that makes sense) this week my companion and I got two new investigators and they are great. They really show interest. One of them came from a referral from Salt Lake. I guess he was in Salt Lake and visited the temple and everything and then gave them his number, and address. But the more interesting thing started with the fact that this same guy, works for a company were the bosses are Mormons and from seeing their example and how they lived he really wanted to know more so, that brings us to this point were we are teaching him. It just goes to show that even though we may not think so everybody is watching us and how we act. And it is those actions and things that we do that can actually cause a person to become interested in the church. I think all to often we don't think about that. That even us saying no to a drink of beer or something else really has a big impact on the people around us. Whether we think it does or not.
And transfers are in two weeks and I do not find out anything until 2 days before, which is really nice because, well if I got my transfer call already then I might not want to work in this area well that is if I got a transfer to a new area. But I will know in about week and half.
Well that is really neat that you went to the fireside thing for the going home elders. I really liked Elder Richards and Elder Olson. I really have to say they had to be some of my favorite elders and I think that is because they were the first elders that I actually worked with, they were the elders in the ward when I got my new calling to be a ward missionary. I really loved their example and just desire to work and their example passed on to me and for that I am sincerely grateful.
As for Craig I am so excited I can not wait to hear where he is going I am also so excited that he will be experiencing this great experience. That you really can not experience any where nor will you ever have the opportunity to do it again until you are very old. So I will be looking forward to hearing where he is going and also for AJ and where he will be going.
I am not going to lie 4th of July was tough because I could not make hamburgers or have carne asada but it also reminded my of the fact that the 4th of july was my last holiday in the states which is weird. But then think about in just 3 months it will be a year mark and that is really weird. Before you know it I will be home. Which is even weirder. As the transfers go by the next transfer is faster then the last and I can just see that soon a transfer will seem like a week. Which I am not looking forward to.
Well Mom I have something for you it is a little about what Elder Perry talked about when he was here: when he started he talked about how no man leads this church other then Jesus Christ himself and that through man we know what we need to do. He also stressed the importance of companions and the importance of companionship study, and told us that we should never miss companionship study. He also talked about the divine revelation or power by which Joesph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and how important the Book of Mormon is for us and in our teaching. He said that if we want to convert we need to do it through the power of the Book of Mormon. Really it was so great this was the Zone conference one. Then on Sunday he talked about how each prophet is called to do something specific, Joesph Smith to reestablish the Church of Jesus Christ on the earth, President Hinckly was temples and the work of the dead and he went through this for each Prophet and told some stories of his life and it was just amazing.
Well Mom I love you and thank you so much for the letter I really do look forward to Thursdays. Well have a great week and tell every one that I love them.
Love
Kevin
Friday, July 9, 2010
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 9:53 AM
Labels: July 8 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment