February 11, 2010
Hey Mom
Dang that is one full week and sounds like fun. Ya this week has been much better and things are actually getting better as time goes by. I am super glad that everyone got my letters I was worried that they would not get all the way there or they would get lost or something and today I am sending out more 1 to Steve, 1 to Craig, and 1 to Jay and Christina. Well sounds like Tyler had a great birthday I am glad to hear it, new surfboard dang that is awesome. You will have to take a picture of it and send it through the email as an attachment or something so Ican see it.
But I have to agree with you on the Russian companion he has helped so much and my pronunciation has improved more I cant imagine what it is going to be by the end of the transfer. Oh and I am in the farthest north city it is called Petrozavodsk it is a pretty big city and has a lot of people living here which is cool, bigger then my other city but smaller then Saint Petersburg which is good I really don't like how big Petersburg is their just is too many people on the street and it is so hard to pick some one out to contact or anything.
Oh and I got a package from the primary girls it was really cool and had a bunch of valentine's in it, it was cool there was actually two from Megan that's was super cool and Reese's pieces which were way good. But I am going to send Sister Startford a thank you letter to them all next week. Well mom I love you so much and thank you for all the support you give me every week I look forward to writing you next week with some really good things that are going to happen like our baptism on Saturday yeah new member in Russia. Well I will tell you about that and about what ever else happens this week has been a little dry.
Well love you and talk (write) you next week
Love Kevin
Hey Dad
The new area is awesome and I love it so much it is not as cold as they said it was going to be but I have heard that it can get pretty cold one elder told me -58 F but who knows. The coldest it has been so far is -24 or -26 in Celsius don't know what that is in F maybe around 13 or 15 somewhere around there. But I can tell you that having a native companion has helped a lot already I have learned many new words in like no tine at all, and it really does push you to work and learn the language so that you can communicate so that is good.
As for the work in Russia we have a lot of lists of former investigators that we call and try to set up appointments but if that fails which is normal, it is on to the street and the cold to talk to people and try to get numbers and meetings. And if that fails and we have been on the street forever we call members to meet and then ask them for referrals. Well that is how we did it in my old area. But here my companion doesn't really call we are just go on the street. So far the longest I have been on the street is almost 4 hours it is crazy. That's when my foot and knee start to hurt so bad then when I wake up in the morning I can not really walk for a good 3 to 4 hours, it is awesome haha! No I have had lots of fun thou and contacting is actually fun I enjoy it I love talking to people there is no fear of it at all just do it. One time I contacted a group of like 6 guys my companion looked at me and said dare you so you know me, so I did it well they did not accept but it was cool. In fact when I don't get to talk to people and they say I don't need it, it makes me mad because they have no idea what they are missing out on. And then I try new things to get them to accept what I have to say and actually the main thing that I use is the Book of Mormon by doing that it draws many people's attention. Well I will use there words which is " что такой это" which when translated means "what the heck is this" one of my favorite questions when they ask it just opens the door for my to talk.
But other then that, that is missionary work in Russia most likely a lot different then in the States because you can not do door to door it is against the law.
Well Dad that is about all the time I have today sorry, but look forward to hearing from you soon love you
always kevin
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 9:36 PM
Labels: Letters from Kev February 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment