Here's the Scoop
I wasn't sure if I wanted to address this on the blog but I figure that it's the best place to reach the most. First, Thank you to all of you for the phone calls, the prayers, the hugs at church. Second, for any one that doesn't know what I am talking about I will explain. To put you at ease My family is fine, Kevin is fine and looking forward to serving his mission in Russia. I am fine just going through a minor thing at the moment.
To explain-After going through a series of Dr apts. and tests. I was diagnosed was a Melanoma IN SITU, which yes that means I was diagnosed with Skin Cancer. On the up side I caught it early and all looks good. On the down side I have one more surgery to go through on Thursday. But I have been told this is the procedure for this type. Please let me reassure all that I am doing fine. I feel really good about the steps to follow. I will have a longer recovery than I would like, but the prognosis is good. I wasn't going to talk much about this, but I wanted to put every one at ease that I am fine. My family and I are dealing well with this. My kids understand what's going on and David is well, He's just wonderful. He has been there through the whole thing and very supportive making sure I understand what is going on and that I feel at peace with everything. Thank you Ward family for the concern and the meals to follow next week. And family I am so appreciative of all your phone calls and prayers. I truly beyond words can't explain how much it means to me that you are supportive of my decision in handling things, I appreciate the thought in wanting to help. But I am in good hands.
I love you all. Thank you for all the support.





4 comments:
Julie, I just want you to know that I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I pray everything goes well. Sure love ya, Tonya
Julie, I am so sorry, I didn't hear about it. What a blessing they caught it early on. Cancer just makes me sick, it is getting way too common. I hope you all are hanging in there with all this going on. Congrats to Kevin!
We love you and are thinking of you often. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help when we're in California later this week and next week.
Julie I love you! I sure wish that I was there to help take care of you or more than anything give you a great big hug and tell you that I love you and that I am so happy that you are in good hands. I know it will all be ok. I will be praying for you and thinking about you all day and awaiting my text message from David. You are such a strong person and I want you to know if I could take it all away I would in a second. good luck sis I love you!!!
Post a Comment