Random Thoughts...
I have been thinking lately about my Extended Family. For the most part they all live in Utah. When I was pregnant with Tyler they all started moving on up and out of Cali and and into Utah. At first my thoughts were why? Well, hind sight is always great! It was a good thing for all, Even ME...I appreciate my family and the support they offer. I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters. I happen to be the oldest, that doesn't mean that I am the wisest. They all offer something different. My Brother Brian is very independent, he's strong, and always supportive. He loves his nieces and nephews. I actually see his eyes brighten up when one of them are telling him something that they are doing or excited about. He genuinely enjoys listening to them. I speak for my children, they love hanging out with him and talking to him. He always makes time to listen to them. I know he is going to be a great Father. They think He is the best and in their eyes and mine he's a Hero because of the service he has given our Country. Then there's Michael in which I can't imagine him without that smile. He has always had a kind heart, and very sensitive. He doesn't like people upset. I love that we can talk about anything. He is also great with his nieces and nephews. They adore him. I enjoy watching him with his kids. You can see the love he feels for them. He has one of the strongest Testimonies I know of. I know if I need to talk both of my brothers are there and would do anything for me. Then I have these three sisters. I have too admit, when they all left and went to Utah, I felt like they grew up without me. Twice a year, a couple of weeks at a time isn't much. But, then these 3 became women. Wives and Mothers and we became not only sisters but friends. I know that if ever I need to talk or just have something so silly to tell I can call. These 3 are the best women I know. They are strong women who can handle whatever comes there way. They have the strongest testimonies of the Gospel and are willing to do whatever they are asked. They are wonderful wives. They are great Mothers. There are times when I watch them and am amazed at all they do. They are my best friends and true examples to me. I am so grateful for the friendships I have with all my siblings. I feel very lucky to have them and know that no matter what they are always there. It is hard to get together when I live here and they are so far away. But, I always know that no matter what when we do get together, it's like no time has passed. We may not always agree with each other. We may not do things the same. But, we learn from each other, help each other, and support each other when needed. They always say you can't pick your family but you can pick your friends. Well, I don't believe that. I think we picked each other. We wanted to be friends, but we couldn't stand the thought of not being together. So we decided to be family too. Thank you for being my 5 best friends. You are the best part of what family can be. I look to you all as my examples on a daily basis. You are my strength. See you all soon.





3 comments:
what a great post, Julie. I feel the same way about my siblings, but they all followed my and Bryan to Utah when we moved. Partly because we had the only grandkids and neices, so they followed. Now we all live in St. George Utah. I love it!!!
Juls I love you so much! I think that we have the best family ever. I am so grateful for the relationships that we all have. I am so thankful for you and all the love and support that you show to me and my family. Not a day passes that I dont think of you and your family. I am so excited to see you soon! I think that I am a little girl at christmas I can hardly wait to sit and talk with with you all hours of the night laughing so hard that tears stream down my cheeks! Thanks sis and always know that you are missed and never ever forgotten down there in california!Love you, sass
You made my day. Sometimes life passes without remembering the important things. You are so right I believe we picked each other also. We are truly blessed to have the relationships we do. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
Post a Comment