Megan gets ready to be baptized. We had our Ward Baptism Fireside a week ago. It was strange to realize that Our Baby Girl is getting baptized in a couple of months. Actually on June 6, she is so excited to get baptized she will be the first in her class at church. It's such a big day, the first of important days in her life. I can't believe I blinked and here we are. My advice to anyone not quite here yet. Enjoy every moment. All the crazy, silly, quiet, unexpected moments. I'm entering into a new world one where my kids are teenagers, and the last is getting Baptized. I'm enjoying the now. It's wonderful, not sad. It's wonderful to watch them experience life and all its brings. I'm so glad to be apart of it. That Heavenly Father has blessed me as a Mom to help them the best I can to embrace each new road and look forward towards the future.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Where did the time go. . .
I feel like I woke up one day and my baby girl was big. I feel like I blinked and our sweet little one was walking, then running. Who would have thought that this house of boys with trucks, cars, Lego, and GI Joe's needed a little pink fluff to make things interesting. I think she played it smart in the pre-existence. She had a plan to get all the boys here first to set the stage for her entrance into this family. She had this amazing plan to get all of us so comfortable with life with four boys that we would not think we needed a little dancer in our lives. She came in so quietly, so sweet that we didn't see how it happened. We didn't know that she was gaining control over our heart strings. But it happened, I am always wanting for the moment that she doesn't have this hold on us. But I don't think that will be any time soon. This tiny little girl has us wrapped very carefully around those thin, long, little fingers. To her Father's dismay he was bitten by the little pink fluff. I see him light up when he sees her. When he sees her dance or be silly. Who would have thought this house of Boys, was really a house in waiting. We needed this little pink fluff to sharpened our instincts and make us all protective of her every move. Who would of thought we would be looking forward to a dance recital. Well, she did it we have all fallen for our little Girl. She does bring more drama to the table than the boys do. A few more tears and tender feelings. What a blessing she is in our home. I have told her that her job in our home has been to bring sweetness and softness to a house of rough and tough boys. We really thought we might have been done after the boys. But, I think we knew she was waiting to come and join our family. When I was expecting her. I planned and anticipated her arrival. I wondered who she would be like. I feel like our boys prepared for her all along. When we were blessed to have our fourth little boy. I brought Trevor home from the hospital they were so excited for this little brother. Tyler was holding him and looked up at me and said, " Don't worry Mommy baby Megan is just waiting it's not her turn to come yet. At the time I was thinking we are so done. But when I found out we were expecting our fifth. Well, she just filled that spot. It's amazing to watch her grow. I can't believe how big she is. Who would of thought we needed a little bit of pink fluff in our Home. We did, she opened the doors to dance, and singing in the mirror to her favorite songs, ribbons and bows, Princess's and Barbies, "What a world". We often say she lives in a Boy World and can hold her own. Her brother's every now and then get a taste of girl world, which is nice.
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 2:51 PM
Labels: Baptism fireside
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
JUlie...
I totally know what you are talking about..First with Alysa...ANd now Taylor...I Can't believe our girls are 8...Taylor is getting excited , and a little nervous for her baptism on Saturday...Time does keep marching forward, and yes...we do need to enjoy lifes little moments...for soon they will be lifes little memories that we hold in our hearts!!!
Megan looks so sweet and happy (taylor has this dress too....I LOVE it)
WE love you Megan Evelyn!
We can't wait to go to your baptism!!!
Julie -
You have such a way with words. I love to read your entrys. I feel the same way with my kids. I feel like I just blinked and they are all so old. I have the total opposite, I have 3 girls and 1 boy I had a houseful of fluff and emotions and ribbons & frills. My one boy, Trevor brought so much boy stuff: dirt, bugs, cars, dinosaurs, sports, etc. He is all the boy I can handle, but my husband said that he wouldn't have it any other way. I love reading your blog, you are an inspiration to me. Love ya, Tonya
Post a Comment