Thanksgiving 2012
Today is Thanksgiving 2012 and as we have finished eating our Thanksgiving Dinner all 6 of us, minus our Ty sitting around the table. I can't help but be Thankful and Reflect on the past and the future. David and I have been married 24 years. We have 5 beautiful, amazing children. Our oldest son Kevin has finished his 2 year Mission in St Petersburg Russia. He is healthy and happy and doing well. He future is clear and he is sure of where he is going and the direction he is headed. He has a wonderful, beautiful girlfriend who is adored by us all. Her name is Stephanie Judd and she lives in Washington and will be at BYU-I in the winter, as will Kevin. We have enjoyed having her visit, she bring such a Sweet spirit into our home and we are looking forward to more visits. Our Second Son, Tyler is on a Mission now and is serving in the Chihuahua Mexico Mission. He is totally serving with all he has to offer. And although this Mission has caused me more stress than the first, He is happy and healthy. He has a wonderful Mission President who is very mindful of the Missionaries serving in his Mission. He is loving and keeps them all safe. The rules are strict and an important part of the Mission. Tyler loves his Mission and the people he is serving. He has been out for 8 months. We are looking forward to talking to him in Christmas. Our Third son Kyle, is a Senior this year. With the change that came at General Conference with the option of going on your Mission at 18, well lets just say it put things into motion sooner than expected. I thought I would have more time, isn't that what we all want, more time. But Kyle has a different feeling about things he is ready and wanting to go. He has his plans and knows where the future is headed and is anxiously waiting his time to put in his papers and find out where he is going. He is in his last year of high school and with pole vaulting he is looking forward to a big year. With hopes of league champ, CIF, Masters, and State. We are looking forward to a great year and looking forward to being there and cheering him on. Our fourth son Trevor, is a Sophomore and is looking forward to Driving. He is our quiet child. There are times when the gates open and he can't help but talk and talk and tell us so much in a few moments of time. Those are the moments I look forward too. When this child who is relatively quiet and appears not to care about what is going on, opens up. He is funny and sometimes does such unexpected things. Although he may drive me crazy at times I would feel such a empty place in my heart without him. And our Fifth child, is this funny, silly, fills out home with joy, little girl. Our Megan is 11 and in 6th grade. She is in her last year of Elementary School. She is smart and funny. She is not a frilly girl, doesn't like pink or ruffles. She loves animals and her pets, Buster, Daisy,and Max. If she could she would have a backyard full of animals. This little girl in the center of this home with her smile and laughter that fills our halls. She loves her big brothers and wants to be and do all that they can. As I sit here and count my blessing I am Thankful for so much. I have five wonderful children who are good people and are striving to gain their own testimonies. They are good examples of being forgiving. They love being together. They are normal kids who sometimes don't agree and don't like what the other is doing. But when it comes down to it will defend the other no matter what. The past in something I treasure and am so glad to look back on. The present is something I enjoy and live in. With the expectation that things are moving at the speed of light. I take deep breathes and enjoy the moments. The future is something that at times I can see, I can see my children growing up. I can see my children moving forward. I can see David and I enjoying our time. The future is something I look forward too, there will be more Missionaries. There will be new experiences. There will be challenges. There will be Daughter in laws. There will be new traditions. There will be Grandchildren. There will be many new moments. I am thankful for this family of mine and all we have together. For this day that makes us reflect and be Thankful. I am Thankful for the Lord's watchful eye and for the Safety of children aways from home. I am Thankful for the Gospel and all the blessing that come from being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am Thankful for a Temple Marriage. I am Thankful for a patient and loving husband, who loves me despite my faults. I am Thankful to be married to my Best Friend. I am Thankful to have a knowledge of the Savior and the Atonement. I am Thankful for a Loving, Kind and Patient Father in Heaven. I am Thankful for all things good and bad in my life. The things that have made me stronger and the things that help me daily. The year 2012 has been a good one, I am blessed daily. Thankful for the past, Thankful for the present, and Looking forward to the Future.
Today is Thanksgiving 2012 and as we have finished eating our Thanksgiving Dinner all 6 of us, minus our Ty sitting around the table. I can't help but be Thankful and Reflect on the past and the future. David and I have been married 24 years. We have 5 beautiful, amazing children. Our oldest son Kevin has finished his 2 year Mission in St Petersburg Russia. He is healthy and happy and doing well. He future is clear and he is sure of where he is going and the direction he is headed. He has a wonderful, beautiful girlfriend who is adored by us all. Her name is Stephanie Judd and she lives in Washington and will be at BYU-I in the winter, as will Kevin. We have enjoyed having her visit, she bring such a Sweet spirit into our home and we are looking forward to more visits. Our Second Son, Tyler is on a Mission now and is serving in the Chihuahua Mexico Mission. He is totally serving with all he has to offer. And although this Mission has caused me more stress than the first, He is happy and healthy. He has a wonderful Mission President who is very mindful of the Missionaries serving in his Mission. He is loving and keeps them all safe. The rules are strict and an important part of the Mission. Tyler loves his Mission and the people he is serving. He has been out for 8 months. We are looking forward to talking to him in Christmas. Our Third son Kyle, is a Senior this year. With the change that came at General Conference with the option of going on your Mission at 18, well lets just say it put things into motion sooner than expected. I thought I would have more time, isn't that what we all want, more time. But Kyle has a different feeling about things he is ready and wanting to go. He has his plans and knows where the future is headed and is anxiously waiting his time to put in his papers and find out where he is going. He is in his last year of high school and with pole vaulting he is looking forward to a big year. With hopes of league champ, CIF, Masters, and State. We are looking forward to a great year and looking forward to being there and cheering him on. Our fourth son Trevor, is a Sophomore and is looking forward to Driving. He is our quiet child. There are times when the gates open and he can't help but talk and talk and tell us so much in a few moments of time. Those are the moments I look forward too. When this child who is relatively quiet and appears not to care about what is going on, opens up. He is funny and sometimes does such unexpected things. Although he may drive me crazy at times I would feel such a empty place in my heart without him. And our Fifth child, is this funny, silly, fills out home with joy, little girl. Our Megan is 11 and in 6th grade. She is in her last year of Elementary School. She is smart and funny. She is not a frilly girl, doesn't like pink or ruffles. She loves animals and her pets, Buster, Daisy,and Max. If she could she would have a backyard full of animals. This little girl in the center of this home with her smile and laughter that fills our halls. She loves her big brothers and wants to be and do all that they can. As I sit here and count my blessing I am Thankful for so much. I have five wonderful children who are good people and are striving to gain their own testimonies. They are good examples of being forgiving. They love being together. They are normal kids who sometimes don't agree and don't like what the other is doing. But when it comes down to it will defend the other no matter what. The past in something I treasure and am so glad to look back on. The present is something I enjoy and live in. With the expectation that things are moving at the speed of light. I take deep breathes and enjoy the moments. The future is something that at times I can see, I can see my children growing up. I can see my children moving forward. I can see David and I enjoying our time. The future is something I look forward too, there will be more Missionaries. There will be new experiences. There will be challenges. There will be Daughter in laws. There will be new traditions. There will be Grandchildren. There will be many new moments. I am thankful for this family of mine and all we have together. For this day that makes us reflect and be Thankful. I am Thankful for the Lord's watchful eye and for the Safety of children aways from home. I am Thankful for the Gospel and all the blessing that come from being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am Thankful for a Temple Marriage. I am Thankful for a patient and loving husband, who loves me despite my faults. I am Thankful to be married to my Best Friend. I am Thankful to have a knowledge of the Savior and the Atonement. I am Thankful for a Loving, Kind and Patient Father in Heaven. I am Thankful for all things good and bad in my life. The things that have made me stronger and the things that help me daily. The year 2012 has been a good one, I am blessed daily. Thankful for the past, Thankful for the present, and Looking forward to the Future.





1 comments:
Julie , I just love this post.
It makes me reflect and makes me smile and feel good. I love your family.
Post a Comment