August 19, 2010
Hey Mom,
Well for the most part this week has been great. Every now and again there was something that was not fun at all but when it comes right down to it, it was a great week. We finally meet with these investigators of ours, a husband and a wife this is the second family this year that has been found in the mission. It is so amazing to see people as a family accept the gospel and really want to hear it. I think that it is funny because they are not Russian but Romanian, and they are just the greatest people ever. They really enjoy church which is a funny story actually.
So with this family we contacted them on the street my first week in the area and they seemed interested but to be honest at that time I had some doubts. But then that Sunday which was just 2 days after we contacted them, they showed up to church and really enjoyed it, and said that they would come back. Well the next week they were busy but then the last two weeks they came to church and this last Sunday we had our first meeting with them. It being their first free Sunday after church. But we talked about the Book of Mormon and about Joesph Smith and how we received the Book of Mormon. It was really a great meeting and this is where my companion and I found out that their native language is Romanian so we got them two books of Mormon in Romanian. I am really looking forward to making progress with them they are so ready and they just bring light into the meetings because they just have already grasped and love the branch and the Book of Mormon. Another one of my favorite stories so far and I will let you know how it continues to go.
Other then that meeting we have not meet with anyone else other then this eternal investigator named Alexander and we just found out with him this last meeting that he has been reading the Book of Mormon and meeting with Missionaries for 3 years now and he does not even believe that there is a God so now that we have found that out I think that we can help him to accept the gospel and make success in the gospel.
Other then these experiences, things have been normal and have had much time on the street. But we are looking forward to another great week and having some good meetings and looking forward to seeing the success of the husband and wife this up coming Sunday.
Well as for the weather it is starting to cool down to where I think that we will be needing to wear our jackets soon. Which is nice but at the same time not so good because that means that winter is just around the corner. But all I can say is it is my last Russian winter so I think I can endure the freezing cold of it.
Well sounds like it was a great week full of some really good and spiritual experiences which is always good to have. It is also good to hear that the Diebold girl got baptized, I bet that was a great experience. Then AJ and the temple that must have been amazing that is got to be one of the things that I miss is the temple. I have not be inside one for a good 9 months. Which is crazy, but it is good to hear that he liked it and enjoyed it. I remember my first time it was so great and spiritual.
Well as for the fires they have not messed with the work here that much ,but now thinking about that has got to be messing with the work in Moscow. Wow! I did not think about that until now. But no it has not had any effect here I think we are just to far away for it to do anything. Well with that guys car, his entire drum exploded and there were pieces all over the road. So we saw him and helped him and it was really cool I felt like I was back at work. Just did not have Oscar and Eric there haha, and the guy was speaking Russian. But things went really good and I enjoyed it and got to feel like a Missionary Mechanic for a few minutes haha.
Well Mom I always enjoy getting your letter and hearing about home and how everybody is doing and everything. I also am so grateful for the opportunity to be able to email because it is so much faster. Well Mom I love you and have a great week and enjoy the weather.
love always
Kevin
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 8:09 AM
Labels: 2010, Letter from Russia August 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment