Happy Veteran's Day!
At this time of year we are to Honor those who have sacrificed their time and in some cases their lives to protect our Freedom, that we all Enjoy. Freedom what a simple word, but a word with so much behind it. The meaning of this word can be different to all. Some may not think much about it, others may put a lot of the time into protecting it. I am indebted to those who have fought and gave of so much so that I can enjoy the Life I have now. I am grateful to our Fore Fathers for standing up, To all the men at that time who fought Valiantly to Protect the Right for a New Nation to get started. I am so grateful to the Men and Women who have fought since in the many conflicts that have come about because one person or group or even a Country decided theirs was the right path for every one. I feel very blessed to be surround by men in my life who have done what was necessary to protect our Rights and Freedoms and those of Others. The other day Megan asked me if we had any Veterans in our Family. I was a little surprised not because of the question because I knew they were talking about it in school. I was surprised because I hadn't done my part and made sure she knew of the Great Men in her life that have given to Our Country and Fought. It was a great conversion, she was so excited to have Veterans in Her Family. We discussed what they had to give up to go. What they had to leave. What they went through. I wanted her know that each person in her family that had served did their Duty and did it Honorably. I wanted her to know how much we appreciate our Family members that gave their time and talents to the Country. I wanted her to know that they are True Heroes. That a Hero is someone that gives of themselves to help others without care or concern for themselves. I hope she understood some of it I know she was very Proud of her Family as am I. Thank you Grandpa Anderson, Grandpa and Grandma Fletcher, Grandpa Baker, Grandpa Beck, Grandpa McCormack, and Brian McCormack. Thank you for the example and for loving your Country enough to serve. Regardless of the circumstances you served with Honor. I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of you. Hopefully you will know of the Love we have for you all. Thank you!
(David's parents Gary and Judy Beck, Grandpa and Grandma Baker, my parents Lyn and John McCormack-and Megan's in the Middle)
(My Cousins Scott Bull, Jeff Michel, My Brother Brian and his wife Hillary)





0 comments:
Post a Comment