A Lasting Legacy. . .
Feeling like I need to journal little right now. Maybe because of the events happening within my extended family in Utah right now. I want my Children and their Children and those that come generations after that and on and on, to know what they come from and Who they have in their corner. To start there are times when I feel my children are missing out on what a amazing extended family they are apart of. I grew up on a street where my Uncle Doug and Aunt Cathy lived 3 houses up the street with 6 of my cousins. And my Grandparents lived a block away. My Mom's 2 brothers lived in the same city for awhile, then for a time my Uncle Paul and Aunt Marty lived in Utah. And Uncle Mark and Aunt Sandra lived in Rialto. We were a close family who spent Holidays and Vacations together. We camped together and had many ups and downs together. Cousins having health issues, to being hit by a car, stitches, broken bones, to having some serious health problems, watched a few marriages have problems and end in divorce. Where as a teenager I already learned the value of a family fast and had a testimony of how the Lords works. I grew up with people who I admired and loved. I can't say that I loved anyone more than another. Grew up in a family where you knew who you were and what was expected. I knew I could count on someone and knew that it didn't matter what I did or needed someone would be there and understood what you were going through. I knew I was very lucky and at the time thought this was what everyone had. Now that I am older, I realize that I grew up in something special. I had no idea that this wasn't the normal family. I realize now that my children have no idea of the extended family strength. In Utah I have 3 Uncles and 2 Aunts, a Grandpa, most Cousins live there with spouses and children. I have 3 Here Cali and 2 in Texas, and 1 on a mission. I also have my parents and my 5 siblings and their spouses and Nieces and nephews. So to give a figure roughly 70 family members are in Utah. So there is this amazing support system. It is hard to put it into the right words how this works. But it is a very well oiled machine. You call and they come running. I don't think people truly understand how this works. I feel like these cousins of mine were more like siblings or Best Friends. We always had one an other's back. And we learned how this works from our parents. It is just how things were done. I watched my Mom's Brothers and Sister serve each other all my life. They were the first to respond if you needed help. They didn't judge one another they just gave help and support. They have watched each other go through some challenges. They have stood by each other in theirs darkest moments and their most Happiest. As a family we have grown together, and we have had our share of sorrow. Personal struggles that you have to stand back and let some one go through and make mistakes and watch them hurt and fight to get back. We have experienced the extreme sadness of a child leaving us too soon. We have experienced the Joy and triumphs that life throws at you. But I have seen miracles happen and things that have made us stronger and closer as a family. All families experience trials, and we all deal with them differently. Some times you can help, sometimes you have to hang back until asked, sometimes you just dive in and do what is needed. I have watched this family of mine do all these things. I have seen them cry together, laugh together, reflect on the good and bad together. Jump in and fight when needed and Stand up and tell someone they have their back. They have given me the best examples in life of how you care and love some one even if you don't agree with choices or opinions. I have learned that you respect, don't judge but stand up for what is right. That you show love and that you can do all that with out agreeing with life's choices. At the head of all this were my Grandparents who gave the greatest of themselves to each other, their family and the Lord. I continue to learn from this family. And today when we have been dealt another of Life's lessons, where you have to look hard for line, "What can I learn from this?" They are doing it again. They are supporting, serving, waiting, and loving those that need it. One of our family members is in need, and no one can stop this Family from jumping right in and taking care of the needs. We are so Thankful to our Father in Heaven for the miracles that are happening. Our Sweet Amber, was in a serious car accident Wednesday August 24, 2011. She was on Life Support and the reports that her Husband was getting were very devastating. With no idea how this will go. But as a family the chain began with calls, tex messages, phone calls, temple calls, fasting and Prayer. I am sure that miles will traveled to get by his side. I am sure that Brothers will fly in. I wish I was there to give my support. But I know it will be there. It will be felt by all who are there. Many more than our Family will show there support and participate in the fasting and Prayers . We trusted in the Lord, put our faith in him. We cried together and ask for strength for our Ryan and Amber. Today is Saturday August 27, 2011. In the last couple of days Ryan has dealt with all kinds of emotions. But we are hopeful and can see that Amber is improving. She has opened her eyes, squeezed Ryan's hand, wiggled her toes for the Dr, and as of yesterday is breathing on her own. Take my word for it these are all miracles. I know that Our Heavenly Father is mindful of our prayers and is mindful of Ryan and Amber and those 3 sweet children. We pray together, We worship together, We are united in our Gratitude to our Savior and Father in Heaven for the blessing of these past couple of days. I love this family and I will say one of the hardest things is to be in another State. I wish I was there to witness their Strength. I wish I was there to Witness the Miracles that are happening right now. I wish I was there to see the togetherness that they are having. I wish I was there to give my Support. I wish I was to help and serve. There is one thing I don't have to be there to Witness and that is the Love that they are showing. I know it is there. I know it comes whenever it is needed. I know that it exists because I Witnessed it every day of my Life. I love you Ryan, you are like a brother and I love Amber and I pray the Miracles continue to come.





0 comments:
Post a Comment