We are on our last week before school. I can't believe summer is almost over. We have had a very busy couple of days. We are trying to get every thing done before we leave for a couple of days. Monday was very busy between getting housework done, final school shopping, and Megan having a tooth ache.(Yes, even the dentist kids get tooth aches)We were probably out all day, we were getting to the end of the shopping when I was approached by this lady in the parking out. My kids went to the car to put the packages in. I proceeded to talk to this woman. Now let me say the normally when approached I give what I can in small change and go on with what I was doing. But, today was different. I felt myself asking her questions, and getting more information than ever. Let me point out that she still hasn't asked me for money, we are just talking she asking if I know of any where she could stay. That she has got some help for some churches in the area but that she missed getting into the shelter. She is on a waiting list for two others. She has 2 children when I asked where they were she said she didn't want them watching and people looking at them, this was not their fault and she was trying to so her best. Meanwhile my children have loaded the car, and are sitting at the end of the car waiting for me. They really can't hear the conversation. As time goes on I ask her if she has any family. Her response is a sister in Idaho, but no way of getting up there and her brother-in-law wasn't to okay with the idea of her living with them. She thought that she might be able to get a job up there but that wasn't something she had the means of doing right now. Now this is probably where my heart just couldn't take any more. She has a cousin in Corona with a six bedroom home but won't let her stay there. Now at this point I ask what are you going to do now. She tells me she probably has a place for tonight. I tell her to wait one minute I'll be right back. I turn around and my children stand up Trevor and Kyle who had there wallets with them open them and ask me how much Mom. I started to cry and we pull money together and gave her what we had. I turned and handed her the money. She started to cry and said I only needed $10.00. I told her than use the rest for food or anything else. I also talked a few minutes about the church and that I had some resources that might be able to help her find a better place for her and her kids, and even help her with getting a job. I gave her my name and number. Told her I wished her the best. She Thanked us and we went to finish our day. I can't tell you if this woman will call, or if she was really in a much need as I felt she was. All I know is it was a experience that my children and I felt very impressed to help. I got in the car after and just cried. I just hope my children learned that every one has a story. And not everyone is as fortunate as they are. They didn't talk much in the car except to say they felt bad for her and her kids. They were very sad that her kids had to live like this and that they weren't sign up for the new school year. I hope that my children always have compassion for others and recognize that they are very fortunate in this life. I am very grateful to my Heavenly Father blessing my family and myself. And I hope I always feel compassion for others. I'm sorry to go on. I just needed to express how blessed I feel I am and that I feel so blessed to be apart of church and have the family that I have. You never know what's around the corner. Thank you all for listening.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Juls,
It is amazing how the Lord places you in the right place at the right time. Even if that woman wasn't for real you taught her a great lesson about integrity and love. Thanks for sharing that beautiful experience, your children are blessed to have you as their mother. They will never forget what you taught them today, it is better to serve, than to judge. Your wonderful, thanks for sharing!!
I love you,
Amy
juls that was awesome. this is actually cass. i am sitting watching lisa make dinner for brittany and reading this out loud and both crying. i believe you were meant to be there at that time and place whether it was meant to help that lady or you and the boys. i think you have wonderful kids and are always so willing to help. i love you all and cant wait to see you. i am set up to recieve the internet next week so i can start a blog. love you , cass
Juls,
You are such an example to me. Thank you for sharing your experience. I think that at times we move so quickly we forget to slow down and really help. You may have changed her life forever but you definitely changed my day for the better. Thank you. I love you. Lisa
What an amazing experience for your kids to see. It's incredible how we're given chances to do the Lord's work. It's so awesome that you were able to set that example for your kids.
Love,
Hill
P.S. We had so much fun at the beach with you guys! We can't wait to see you in a few more months.
Post a Comment