Life begins to take a different season....
Today while I sat at the DMV for 3 hours with our second child Tyler, who is now a permitted driver.(Oh, Boy here we go!) I was thinking and believe me I had plenty of time to think. Wow, my second child is starting a new stage in his life. And oh my, so am I. While we were at the DMV Kevin our oldest was at Chaffey College taking his assessment test for the fall. And I realized that I have a child in College. And we are heading down a very new season in our family. Its time for me as a mother to do a little letting go, and that is not so easy. But, I truly am looking forward to this season. I hope I am ready for more letting go. They were headed together on a boys trip down to the beach for three days. It was Kevin and two of his friends that have also graduated this year and Tyler. That was a little harder to do than I thought. But, I know they will have some great stories to come home and tell us all about. This is a year of much change in the Beck home. David should be coming to the end of being bishop sometime this year, Megan our youngest will be baptized in June of 2009, and Kevin will be getting ready to go on a mission. Lots of changes, and what exciting changes they will be. Hopefully I will be up to all the changes to come. After leaving the DMV, and driving home again for the second time with a new driver. Which really never gets easier. I walked in the door to my 7 year old playing upstairs with all her stuffed animals and dressed up to the hilt. My 13 year old and my 11 year old playing each other on the WII, and I had to smile for a moment. I realized life really wasn't changing that much. Yes, they were growing up and moving into different stages of life. But, what a fun ride it will be too watch them grow and change. It has been so great watching Kevin grow over this last year and gain a testimony of the gospel and be looking forward to going on a mission. It will be also great to watch the rest grow and learn and enjoy life. Wow, I can't believe this family what did I do to be able to be their mom. This is a great Job. I am the Mother of Kevin, Tyler, Kyle, Trevor, and Megan Beck. I am the wife of David Beck. I am grateful every day for this wonderful blessing. I can't believe how much I love them all. Thank you family for making this such a pleasure and joy.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Posted by It Just Keeps Getting Better at 8:27 PM
Labels: Life begins to Change...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Hey Juls-
I can't believe how fast time has gone! I remember when you were pregnant with Kevin and how excited we all were for the first cousin to have a baby and now he is graduated and getting ready for college!What a great job you have done with your kids they really are amazing not to mention so cute!
Love ya',
Trish
Thanks for making me smile today. It is hard to watch each step and mine are all so little still. Thanks for setting an example for all of us to follow. You have set the bar high and we are so lucky to have you to learn from.
Julie...I am so glad you have a blog! I can't believe how much goes on in your life with your kids. You are amazing. I am so glad I will be able to peek in on your cute little family and see how thing progress.
Post a Comment